My best Labor Day memory is about five years old now. I watched a dozen CSI episodes and not much else. There was a marathon that day, and they cleverly started the next episode during the credits of the previous one. Genius.
Sadly, I may never achieve a lower level of labor on Labor Day. However, I gave a good effort (or lack thereof) today.
Here is the day so far:
- Sleep in
- Lazy breakfast in front of the tube
- Last two episodes of Parks & Rec season 4
- Therapeutic update installing on a neglected laptop: Adobe, Windows, and a surprise showing from WordPress
- Late 90s disaster movie Deep Impact (47% rotten..)
- Free chocolate sample at Ghirardelli’s
- Coffee, mobile web surfing, and the book Code at Blackpoint Cafe
- Salad and dessert at Hard Rock Cafe
- Season 2 Episode 3 of Downton Abbey
- First blog post since April
- Reddit and more Downton Abbey (probably)
This blog post is the closest thing to labor today, but I won’t proof it. Speaking of blogging, why the four month hiatus?
I have been working on an independent software project since May. It is an iPhone app with accompanying website, and we are going to launch it in less than two weeks. Too soon!
The project has provided a host of new areas to blog about. Start-ups, cloud services, open source, small business, and working from home, to name a few. It’s also eaten all free blogging time. But I can’t complain. It’s been a fantastic learning experience.
See you next Labor Day!